View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 05:40 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by Steelsewing View Post
FMQ is available to you on the Necchi BU. There is no need for a cover plate. A feed dog drop lever was not something everyone looked for in a sewing machine in the early 1950's - but the Necchi BU has one. It's just not up on the deck where you might expect to find all feed dog drop levers a decade later. The feed dog drop lever is located inside the bobbin area and it's accessible when the bobbin cover plate is slide open. Once you know where it is, it's easy to access. If you roll the machine up and look, the lever is almost obvious. It's brass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607142[/ATTACH]

Here's a photo from my BU showing the feed dog drop lever in the blue circle.

If the machine has sat idle for a long while, then I would be gentle with that lever. It should move with very little resistance... but if it doesn't want to turn... some sewing machine oil or spray lubricant should be considered.

The differences between the original Necchi BU model and the Necchi BU Nova are very few. The machines are nearly identical. Here's a link to a utube video demonstration that goes over all the BU controls. Again, do not force the controls if they don't wish to move. The machine may need a good clean & lube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqpZcwoEbiI
Wow, that was the most helpful reply I think I've ever seen!