View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 06:28 AM
JENNR8R

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
JENNR8R, I'm just curious. What would you have changed?
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
What are the changes you would have made? I think it looks terrific.
1. I wouldn't have used so danged-many small pieces.

2. I wouldn't have used the strip piecing. I don't think it added anything useful to the design, and it took so long to do.

3. I wouldn't have used orange and red together... not my favorite combination... and if I did, it would have contrasted more.

4. I wouldn't have made it so scrappy. The quilt is so busy that the scraps cannot be appreciated. I like the pictures of the quilts that people did using only one neutral and a few consistent fabrics.

5. I would have used fabrics that contrasted more in important places. This is so busy that your eye doesn't have a place to rest. It's hard to see any design... just bold colors.

6. I would have used fewer borders.

7. I would have oriented the outside border differently. Some people did that, and it looked like a ribbon going around the quilt which was a more pleasing design to me.

8. I wouldn't have made the half chevrons per the instructions. I hated making those blocks. It would have been easier to put two half-square triangles together.

9. After putting the red/orange blocks together, I thought that single block in larger pieces and fewer fabrics would make an interesting quilt.

10. I think I'll stop here... I could probably go on for a while. I just don't like the finished product, and it took so much effort. I think the clues and wondering about a mystery were fun, but it isn't worth it to me to do another that I may not like.
Attached Thumbnails red-orange-blocks.jpg