View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 AM
TAMARATJO

Default Mulitple quilts from the same fabric

When I buy fabric, I usually buy it on sale, or because I find a family of coordinated fabric I just can't live without. Usually the same fabric pattern in a rainbow of colors. I don't have a quilt in mind when I purchase the fabric. When I am ready to start a quilt, I lay my fabric out on the bed, and decide what works for the quilt. Because of this "style", I usually buy at least 3 yards of each fabric. I also have a deal with myself that I cannot buy more fabric than will fit in my under the bed plastic bins. I am not a fan of scrappy quilts. So.... all that said, that means that I use the same coordinated fabrics to make multiple quilts. For a couple of fabric lines (mini pearl bracelets, swirly scrolls) that I have in about 10 colors, I have made 2 or 3 queen quilts and maybe a throw or wall hanging from the same fabric.

Am I alone in this approach? What do you think of using the same fabric on multiple quilts? Not really an issue or question for me. Just curious as to other's approach, and thoughts. I love the discussions on techniques, styles, and design processes. I always learn something.