Old 01-22-2019, 09:21 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Honchey View Post
The top row on this block is off quite a bit. remove the top row, then open the seams, resew them making the seams smaller than what they were before, rejoin the top row pinning the intersections so that they butt up against each other to fit..Hopefully they will fit. As they are right now the answer is no. save them or practice on them. I measure every 3 piece section to make sure it's not too short or too long. it should measure 6 1/2 inches, making sure the center square fits and if the outside squares are longer they can be trimmed when you square them up.
May I put my $.02 in? I think Barbie was asking about the contrast factor of her two squares with primarily white backgrounds.... Barbie, because there is so much white, they melt into the white squares on either sides of them. There is supposed to be a clear contrast. So if you use a fabric with a white background, it needs to be mostly all covered with a print of a bolder color. So for this swap I would say those fabrics do not cut it.

I'm so happy to see this swap going forward without me! Yay! Honchey is a great leader and I knew she would do a great job with this swap. Thank you, Honchey! I got kind of burned out, plus have two baby grand girls coming next month and in April. I've got lots of little dresses and bubble suits to sew!

Have fun... can't wait to see some quilts.