Thread: Thread drawer
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 12:03 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

I have a small three drawer plastic organizer I got at WM for around $8. I need to cut a piece of the non-skid rug backing or shelf liner and put in there to keep the spools from sliding. Maybe I need to buy more thread, that way they won't have room to slide! (oh, yeah. It's in the mail. Will be here any day).
The embroidery thread I buy most often has the little green thing on top that turns. I wrap the end of the thread around that a few times.
As for most other threads, I usually use the little notch made to hold the thread.
I would love to have a hanging thread rack. I want to make one.
http://www.oxmoorhouse.com/companion/crafters/default.asp?flag=threadrack
I am in a small "corner" of my bedroom with my sewing stuff. I took my son's changing table and started sewing on it. I have my rotary mat on it, too. If I cut, I have to move my machine. When we finish our downstairs, I will have the perfect sewing room! I'm into lots of other crafts and things, so it will be for everything! We built this house, and we're still working on it. The upstairs is not finished, but the downstairs is a nightmare! We need baseboards and "finishes"...upstairs. Downstairs is awful! ICK