View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 05:28 AM
MarionsQuilts

Never say never! I have made the simply double wedding ring quilt for a friend, and then the bali star double wedding ring quilt for myself. I can't do simple and boring, it drives me nuts. Over the last 5 years I have expanded my quilting experience so much I can honestly say I am very proud with how far I have come. I will pick a theme of something (i.e. hst) and I will tackle it until I master it. And then move on to the next. Because I do it this way, I can do paper piecing in my sleep (I can even design my own patterns using EQ7 for help), I can applique like a pro (with the help of the accuquilt GO!). And my sewing machine also does embroidery. I had sworn that I would never do FMQ because I struggled so much with it, but a year and a half ago I bought a new sewing machine and FMQ is a breeze! I have done 3 wholecloth quilts and a couple of mini ones.

The quilts I am doing this year are simpler in design (i.e. irish chain), but I am incorporating embroidery and FMQ ... and the FMQ is complex - think Judi Madsen quilting.

While I recognize that it's a hobby, I want it to be something that is positive and I can constantly learn from.