View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 AM
Iceblossom

Well, I did buy a huge piece of Judie Rothermel civil war type fabric at the Goodwill for $3.99, it must be 6 yards. That is inspiring me to do something with my Civil War fabrics so I've started sorting them out of their color boxes and into a theme box. Trying to think of something to do that is not Dear Jane, I want scrappy but not necessarily sampler. From back in my swapping days I have a bunch of 10" squares, maybe about 50 or so in civil war. One of the ladies in my small group has a nice project but I don't want to copy it directly, it's basically a 9-patch set in a churn dash, and then the whole thing is set on an angle by large corner triangles.

I sent off one large flat rate box of gift fabric to someone on the board who sounded like they needed more fabric in their life, and today I will mail the first collector request from this thread. Unfortunately, it's just the tiny sized flat rate box so not such a dent in my collection, but hey -- it helps keep them from buying and it makes me more organized so it's all good!