View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Conchalea

Our members are doing well with “mindful” shopping! It’s great to read of the restraint people are practicing. I know it’s difficult to do so when you go to a fabric store & there’s so much on display.
I have only bought the backing for the quilt I finished last week, but another one looms on the horizon. I started another quilt yesterday, Surprise Pinwheels I believe is the name, from a MSQC tutorial. I had some FQs & strips my daughter gave me left from a project she did a few years ago. I cut them yesterday, all but one FQ, & have enough coordinating pieces for 20 blocks. Those pieces added up to 1 1/3 yards, & the WOW for the blocks (from my stash) is 1 yard. I may have to buy binding as well as backing because I don’t know if I have a coordinating fabric left now. That will be determined once I sew all the blocks & decide on a layout. So I’m busting the stash, 1 project at a time. This will probably be a lap quilt for the daughter who gave me the fabric.

Last edited by Conchalea; 01-26-2019 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Corrected measurements