View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 06:17 AM
toogie

Default charm packs and layer cakes

Hello, I took a quilting trip in October to Missouri Star Quilt Co in Hamilton,Missouri. We went to a workshop with Jenny Doan and of course, shopped at all the fabric shops lining the street. While there I purchased (2) 10 inch Layer Cakes and 3 yds of matching yardage for borders, etc. I can use white as a background but will this make a queen sized quilt and what pattern do you suggest?http://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/...?q=Cottage+Joy The yardage fabric is Cottage Joy green. I really like this and it has Mason Jars in the layer cake fabrics.

I also got (10, yes 10) 5 inch Charm packs of Roses on The Vine but could not locate it for the link. Here is the photo of those. I also wanted to make a queen size. Will I have enough fabric for a queen top?

I like The Double Square Star someone quilted for a relative here on the QB. I thought of making one of these off of that pattern if you thought the fabrics were suitable. Some of the charms are so light I didn't know if it would look good with a white background I have to use. Just help with any pattern suggestions and tell me if I have enough packs, before I start cutting! Thank you[ATTACH=CONFIG]607387[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_9283.jpg