View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:49 PM
petthefabric

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
nothing much intimidates me when it comes to machine sewing, - but I just don't care to spend hours doing hand sewing work. I'm more likely to not do a pattern because I think I'll get lost in the tediousness. I also like to see progress, so it's hard to work on something that there is a lot of time spent for not much return.
I've often bitten off more than I can chew, because I love challanges. So, yes, I've given up on some projects. They're still around but have stayed UFO's that I don't count. I don't like tedious. However, I'll do tedious if it's an art quilt and I can vision the beauty. In front of the TV (super bowl is coming up) or I'll find a faster way to do it.

About the only quilts I do that are really simple are to fit my goal of downsizing my stash...charity quilts.

One year I led BOM for the Guild, starting very simple (9P) to the last project of DWR. I made samples (small table runner) of all of them. I learned a lot through the process. That's enough to satisfy my curiosity, (probably) never again.