View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 11:29 AM
Lee in Richmond

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I have problems with that site, sometimes. I found if I go back to http://www.sewusa.com/ then I can navigate from there. Are there any JA or JC numbers on the base somewhere? Sometimes they are stamped and sometimes cast in the base.

Like Cari pointed out the needle goes with flat to back and threads from front to back.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Thanks for trying, but I cannot see anything on their basic website. I think my cookie blocking has gotten out of control, and I shall have to find out how to rein it in.

I managed to thread the machine, with help from this site, and it sounds and feels good sewing, BUT. Stitch length does adjust, from minuscule to medium, the former being the first 4 settings and the latter the last ones. So no really large stitches, but it does do a nice zig zag. Also, the top tension thingy on the front needs more help than I can give it. I think I will have to turn it in to a technician for a look-see, meaning I have just invested a whole lot more in this than before (actually buying a new light bulb pretty much doubled my investment so far).

I had forgotten how much I like the new drop-in bobbins; this is like my Pfaff, except even more awkward to reach. Still, a nice solid metal machine probably worth keeping. Thank you all for your help!