Old 01-28-2019, 04:37 PM
asabrinao

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607557[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]607558[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]607559[/ATTACH]

Wow. I just got home from work and am touched by all the responses. I've included some pictures for you all to see what I mean (I tried to attach them this morning, but they were too big). I might try paper piecing, as others have suggested. And, I also think Feline Fanatic has a point when she says that Tree of Life/Paradise MIGHT not be the best block for getting over my triangle intimidation.

That being said, the half-triangle squares look great when I make them from the templates, they mostly look good when I build them into rows. Most of the screw-ups tend to occur when I'm sewing the rows together. Maybe I'm not wrapping my head around this correctly, but if most of screw-ups seem to occur when I'm sewing the rows together, it probably wouldn't help to make the triangles bigger (and then trim to size), right?

My guess is that Snooze2978's suggestion might be the most relevant in this case?

To answer some of questions: I AM pressing the fabric before sewing, but now starching. Maybe that will help. I'm using Aurefil thread (the 50 weight).

Thank you all again for your help! So grateful.
Attached Thumbnails treeoflife.jpg   tol_triangle1.jpg   tol_trianglequarter.jpg