View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 07:28 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Wow Terri, that's like Alaska temps... in the dead of winter! And then it shows you warming up to 40 degrees by next week. Just goes to show what an arctic blast can do. We've been at 30 or so, and that's really cold for Mississippi. Even had snow on the ground when I woke up yesterday. All gone now....

I've been in major 'baby shower gift making' mode. Got several dresses and rompers ready, and last night finished a little sweater to be used as a topper over the sleeveless dresses, when needed. So much fun... but I haven't played on my long arm in weeks.

Yesterday the idea popped into my head that the three babies (my two GDs plus a cousin that will be born within a month of them) all need small car quilts. Little 32" squares or so, for carrying baby to the car, and snugging them into the car seat once they get there. Big quilts just don't work as well for that. So now I have 3 little baby quilts to hurry up and make. At the same time, my daughter is designing the World's Most Perfect Baby Quilt, for her big quilt. She wanted to do everything but sew it... so I'm still waiting on orders for that, and fabric. She's doing a Beatrix Potter theme and also wants me to make the crib bedding to match. Lots of fun to come...