Old 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM
Maine

Question Help, new quilter sewing machine suggestions

Hi Everyone, I've been reading this board for more than week and have learned a lot. Thanks!

I would appreciate any help in picking out a decent sewing machine for quilting. My price range is $200-$500 probably, but a little flexible. I know how to sew, have sewn a patchwork quilt top years ago, but now need a machine. I'm semi computer literate, so I know there are some of those. I'm pretty sure I want one with more than straight stitching,

i have read read older post regarding sewing machines, and the more I research the more confused I've become. Some of the machines are no longer available because of the older posts.

Im planning on sewing some weighted blankets for my special needs grandsons. I was going to order them, but decided to make them myself. After shopping for fabric I went a bit crazy and have lots and lots. So now I want to make some quilts with all of these fabrics too. I'm sure it would have been much cheaper to just buy those blankets, especially since I'm buying a sewing machine, material, and pellets for their new blankets. But, I have to admit I'm getting excited about sewing again, creating things and all. It's been a long time.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
Susie