Thread: Singer Model 66
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 04:40 PM
Mickey2

There is a couple of things it took me a while before I became aware of on the 66. There is a roller like cam part under the feed dogs. The round roller bit inside is suppose to turn and it makes a difference when it comes to noise and wear of the machine, it's worth making sure it's freed up and turns again. Another thing that can be a bit tricky is the bracket that holds the bobbin case in place. The bobbin case comes out by sliding the bobbin cover completely off and the bobbin case comes out by lifting the lever up and towards you. So far very easy, the bobbin case comes out with a bit of wiggeling of the hand wheel.

The tricky bit is if you loosen the screw in center there just in front of the bobbin case. When you loosen it, the whole hook and race under the bobibn case will start floating about and it has to be adjusted very accurately when put back together. Too tight it will affect the bobbin thread tension; too loose and the bobbin case will make a lot of noise. A 66 is a smooth running, low noise machine, I promise. If not something needs to be sorted out.

Last edited by Mickey2; 01-31-2019 at 04:45 PM.