View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 08:48 AM
costumegirl

This past week has been a little chaotic here with the terribly cold temps during this polar vortex. We have had to go out and check on our four senior relatives who range in age from 88 - 98 everyday and deal with their issues that have come up. They all had issues that really needed our attention so that they would not go into panic mode...sometimes it was twice a day ... Ok DH and I dealt with it and they are slowly getting back to normal today.

I was planning on doing double the number of blocks so that the result would be a larger top. In between these senior visits I would quickly cut and sew together some of the sections of the first few blocks so that I could catchup for tomorrow's Block #5. I'm using paper piecing to make the blocks.

Today I started to try to put each of the blocks together and .... Agh!!!! realized I had sewed one piece backwards for all the sections!! ..... So upset with myself!! ....... That's what I get when I rush - Now I'm playing the rip it game. Hopefully I won't have to cut out too much more of my fabric to fit those pieces.... oh dear ...... rip it.. rip it

I like doing pp but not trying to rip out - oh well could have been worse I guess = could have 2 pieces sewn wrong

Last edited by costumegirl; 02-01-2019 at 08:54 AM.