View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:02 PM
WMUTeach

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Wow knowbies! You ladies sure are quick with the candies. I only have enough cut for 8 birthdays right now. For some odd reason it takes me longer to cut 2.5 squares than 5", 6" or even 10" squares. What's the trick? The best I can do is cut 5" squares then quarter them. I only feel comfortable cutting 6 in a stack.
My process to make this as quick as possible. I dig through my stash and find my 50 fabric choices, or as many as I can. I then layer and cut 4 to 5 layers deep and cup 2.5 strips. Lay the strips multi strips out carefully one above the other and cut through 4 or 5 strips at a time and lay out 38 little stacks (and extra on for me or just in case once gets lost on this way). I proceed from there. I have found over time and swaps that cutting from true scraps is very time consuming. I now make sure that I can get the 38 squares out of any piece I cut. Occasionally I will have two or three scraps of the same fabric and I will cut them in multiples as often as possible. I did one fuss cut last year for every one but did not this year. (Refer to Macybaby's idea. It works too....with or without the Stripology ruler. )

Cutting multiple fabrics at one time makes the job more joyful and faster!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 02-03-2019 at 06:08 PM.