Old 02-04-2019, 03:43 PM
incoming2me

Default Expectation revisited.. then revisited again..

So... have you ever had grand ideas of making a very special quilt for someone ...and once you get started you realize it's a Much bigger undertaking than you thought?

Determined to make it.. you reconsider size. Say...from a quilt.. to a bed runner.
You trudge on and realize that this still really is a Huge project and time is a factor.
So... you reconsider the size once again. Well, here I am.

My parents 50th wedding anniversary is in March - March 8th to be exact. I had this fantastic idea couple of weeks ago to make a double wedding ring quilt. (Please refrain from laughing at my now realized unrealistic ambition.)
The quilt downsized into a bed runner. As a couple of weeks have passed and my time has been sucked away in other directions. I have huge stacks of pieced arcs and cut solid pieces but.. just.. ugh!
I'm now thinking it'll be a 9 ring wall hanging with hand embroidered words at the center.

Guilt is a fierce beast because I know they deserve a quilt to celebrate this milestone.

Does anyone know of any shortcuts to make this go faster? I'm using a glue stick instead of pins to hold the curves together when sewing. the Y seams are killing me.
Attached Thumbnails ring.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-04-2019 at 04:16 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps