Thread: reminiscing
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 08:12 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
We went to a museum yesterday that had reproductions of a couple of Scarlett O'Hara's dresses and some of the undergarments for the costumes and one of the hats that was in the movie. Fun. Glad we don't have to dress like that!
There is a museum in the old Vicksburg Courthouse that I love. One big room has clothes from the civil war... dresses and uniforms and children's clothes. One thing that really strikes you is how small all of the clothing was. Even the men's uniforms look like they would only fit young teen boys these days. People were certainly a lot smaller then. Probably indicative of the food content and supply available.

Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
No one ever tells 70 and 80 year olds what to wear in those articles. I guess they think we quit caring/living after 50.
Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Well we may still care but believe me no one else does.
LOL, OBO!! So funny but true!

Originally Posted by sewnclog View Post
I do NOT like dancing with the stars. The women wear outfits that look like they should be trolling the 'streets' - if you get my drift. Just trashy looking; boy am I/we showing our ages or what!
We watched the movie "Hoosiers" the other night, which took place in the late 50's, I think. I was really impressed with the cheerleaders' uniforms. They all wore big sweaters, skirts down to their calves, and saddle shoes. The were covered and still could cheer! Thanks to the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, all the colleges and schools now barely dress their cheerleaders at all. It's a total skin show, nothing to do with the team or school spirit.