View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:02 AM
aborning

Well, here in MN Where I live, we had 12" of snow yesterday. I was at work and didn't realize how much it had snowed cause they didn't let school out early. Big Mistake! A bus got stuck out by my place trying to get the kids home. I'm sure there were some pretty mad parents out there. And i felt sorry for the bus drivers because there was so much snow and everything was so white that you couldn't hardly tell where the road was on the roads that weren't plowed.
When I left work at 5pm to come home, the first 6 miles were fine on a tar road that had been plowed.
But then I turned onto the tar County road and the plows hadn't even plowed it. It was a miracle I made it through. I was literally praying out loud (and my heart pounding) to just get through that 5 miles and then I didn't care if I got stuck on my gravel road. Which I did, almost right away because there were no tracks at all to be able to tell at all where I was on the road! We've had so much snow lately that the ditches are full and with all the additional snow yesterday, everything was so white you couldn't see the road. Well, my husband was gone trucking so I had a neighbor come get me. He has a pickup with a plow on front of it. (But I had to wait a half hour for him because he had to go get his kids from the bus that was stuck). He gave me a ride home and then went and got someone to help him and got my car out of the ditch and brought it to my house. Well, I figured I should pay him so I gave him $100 which he took reluctantly. But I made him take it because I was so grateful for him helping me because my husband was gone trucking and I don't know what I would have done if he wouldn't have helped me. But the saddest thing is: That's $100 I could have used to buy fabric instead!! Anyway, Now I am home today because I'm not going anywhere until my husband gets home and digs us out. (We live in the country). So it looks like I will continue cutting my squares today for this swap. Hoping to get all 37 sets done. I have 12 sets done so far. Last year I had such a busy year with family life so was very unorganized with this swap. This year I am determined to be organized early. Happy Day everyone.