View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:15 AM
Snooze2978

I started not buying any more fabric right after I went on a bus tour with a group of about 50 quilters. I went overboard then and my sister got to see me in action as she went with me. She could see how someone could go nuts looking at all the beautiful fabrics as even she bought some and she doesn't sew. Anyway, it took over a month before I could get it folded and then find somewhere to stash it. Some are still leaning up against the wall for lack of space. Since then I have only had to buy a couple fat qtrs to finish a border on a quilt I'd been working on. I'm now getting 3 large projects ready for a quilt retreat and found all I needed from my scraps and stash. Almost thought I would have to order some darkest green fabric I found I could split and use 2 colors close to each other in value. What I don't use in one of the projects will be used in one of the others. My goal is to use lots of my scraps as they're getting out of control and use what I have on hand. Its now February and only those couple fat qtrs is all I've bought since October 2018.