View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Judith1005

I am working on culling my stash. *And, not in the best way.* I am just overwhelmed and paralyzed by just too much. So, I have been working quickly through my sewing room, touch it once, make a decision, bag it up and take it the next day to the thrift store. (Definitely in the buyer's remorse category.) And, this is not the first time I've done it this way either. I'm an impulse buyer. But, I have joined the Fabric Moratorium here on the QB to try to get a handle on my buying and hoarding habit. I would love to get all my fabric into one single chest of drawers in my sewing room. Right now, is not the best time to go quite that drastic. But, maybe for the future. I would eventually like to get in the habit of buying for a project or two at a time. I do hold onto my scraps a little too tightly. But, I do like to make fabric postcards and string blocks. I just don't think I need as many as I have saved. That will be a purge for a future date. I don't usually buy large amounts at a time. That has been a problem in the past. I do like to scrap quilt for the most part. But, lately, I have liked to have a limited color and fabric choices. That is a challenge at times because of my buying habits. But, I'm making it work with what I have. I don't piece and quilt nearly fast enough. (At the moment, I'm kind of in and out of a sewing slump on a regular basis.) I'm fighting with that also. Maybe when my sewing room is a little more manageable I will feel more motivated.

Good question through. My family and I have all figured things we all have in common. We tend to be compulsive and obsessive. Some days, lol, the struggle is real. But, with enough practice and restraint, we can change.

If I die before DH, I have visions of him just tossing lots of good stuff that could be donated. So, I'm working on donating good stuff I can't or probably will never get to right now. My kids won't be interested in it either. The struggle is to not go back and buy it again. Yep, I've done that a time or two. But, have been really strict on my purchasing habits of late.

Good luck to all that are in the same boat as me. lol