View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 07:35 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Most of my stash was bought during the going out of business sales at hancock fabrics and ben franklin. They are wonderful fabrics and I am still very glad I got them. I can be much more creative with the choices those purchases afford me. I do have some stacks of fabrics I bought for specific quilts in my favorite colors and patterns. I also have a few quilt kits that are so fun and were a great price. So, no buyers remorse here.

Where I am always short is in good quality white and neutrals. I like the kind that is good thread count and not thin stuff. I use so much of it that it is always in need of replacing. So, I am always in the market for those. I buy as much as I can afford at the time when the opportunity arises. Also, I need backings and I know which ones need what yardage to finish it up by carrying a little notebook with the amount recorded. (and any small amount needed for specific quilts I am lacking) I do carry a swatch ring and that helps keep me in the right colorways. I don't go out all that often to shop, so I try to be focused on my list of needs.

But, every now and then, something flips my skirt and I buy it. I am a sucker for kitschy prints from the forties. I bought some golden yellow background with cherry bunches just last week. I think it will become a kitchen apron or the bottom edging on some embroidered tea towels.