View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 06:30 AM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
I'm not doing so well on this fabric moratorium. Ordered 4 yards of bright flower fabric. My DD wants to change her Christmas table runner for a spring one. She wants spring flowers. I do think that just joining this group and THINKING about not buying more fabric or adding more to the collective stash will eventually have an effect on me.
Fabric bought with a plan and will be used instead of building a stash is not counted. Did you have anything in stash that would have worked? I seem to forget that. I'm just out and it's an impulse to buy. So, pre-looking and pre-thinking is going to be key for me in not buying any more fabric just to buy.

I sadly have not seen any significant reduction of stash by usage. I have however reduced my stash through process of donation this month. How much? I don't know. I don't measure it. I just do the one touch method. Touch it once, and decide weather it stays or go. I am just paralyzed by my stash. It is just too much. So, by reducing my stash for now, Not all, just the stuff I will never get to or want to get to...I'm hoping to jump start my creativity by using what I bought before with basically no plan in sight. I probably have enough for at least 30 or more quilts if you factor in scraps also. I need to get busy sewing! So, it's really important for me to follow the moratorium. I want to get my buying and "hoarding" fabric under control. I want to use all that fabric I so lovingly picked out.