View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 05:02 PM
MizMelly

Hello all! I have been way behind the 8 ball with the next swap. First, I have packed and moved south, and I'm trying to finish up getting my "old" home ready to go on the market. So kept thinking I had plenty of time to get organized for the next round of birthdays. Well..... I had the sewing room all unpacked and organized at the new house, or so I thought. Then the next load or two came down and it got piled sky high with fiber and yarn and other crafty things. And I ignored it while trying to sort through everything I was trying to unpack and finding places to put them.
So finally this afternoon I get caught up on all the chatter on the new thread and panicked! Yes, I knew I had plenty of fabrics for this next round and what did I do? I very carefully had packed them in with my flannels and forgot where they were. After 1.5 hours of searching high and low in the sewing room, I finally discovered them! Now I need to clear off my sewing table and start cutting! And as of today I have located the post office so now I know where to buy stamps and mail my cards. I'm going to try using 6.5 X 4.5 cards this year and hope I can keep the envelopes thin enough to not have to pay premium postage. for the past two years I've been able to keep it at the 2 oz rate of $.70, which is a real cost saver.
And I'm ashamed to say I never had time to open all my b-day cards that I received in December. Bad me, at least I know where they are!