View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:56 AM
Iceblossom

I'm sort of in-between projects right now, I want to quilt/sew but I don't know quite what to do. Earlier today I sorted out my strip box, took out everything smaller than 2.5" to put in my box of crumbs (I have a person on the board who gets them). Then I sorted the remaining 2.5" cut strips into two piles, light and dark. Going to make "flying squares", basically a 9-patch with an added row around each side of a neutral and a single square. Mine will be scrappy, the 9-patches will be purely scrappy, so no light/dark corners, just random. The neutral will be a piece of white on white I have in the stash. Here's a 2-color diagram/instructions:
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/quilt-...es-quilt-block

The other thing I have to mindlessly sew is a baggie full of tiny little pieces of fabric I got in a box from an estate sale. The colors/fabrics go together and I think were to be handsewn as little triangles (they are small rectangular pieces with a finished sized triangle in pencil), me, well I got inspired from this thread and picked up some adding machine tape at the goodwill and am ready to do something grand. I hope! Check out Huntannette's pictures in this thread:
I don't get what the 'reciept' is for when making string quilts

BTW, if I do the adding machine tape I'm not going to count it as an UFO, it is merely prepared fabric waiting for it's turn