View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:41 PM
costumegirl

Givio - I totally relate! I had a very difficultt time following the instructions given on the blog and was stressing out over it - LOL I am not as mathamatically oriented as I used to be and though I dabble I'm not computer savvy. It takes me a long time to redraft any changes that I want or envision.

I had spent many hours trying to change the size to the 8" and 12" block - that was my first dilema! Second dilema was because I wasn't too fond of my fabric that made up the secondary block star so I wanted to slightly change the pattern by adding a diamond shape in the centre of this star that would form when all the blocks are put together - that will be done just before I join the blocks.

The pattern was resized in Microsoft Word - LOL I struggled!! then I broke down and asked my computer savvy friend (known her for a very long time and consider her my "bonus daughter"). She did it in Microsoft W in less than 5 minutes!! What an angel!!

If you can wait till tomorrow I will ask her to give me the step by steps & post instructions for getting the block the right size - she showed me how but I know she will make the explanation easier than I. If you don't have MW she might also have other options that can be used.

Last edited by costumegirl; 02-10-2019 at 07:49 PM.