View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

I'm working on a couple of new projects...Now really you say. When I asked my oldest GS if he wanted a t-shirt quilt when he graduates from HS next year...he replied "no"...well how about a denim one? Another "no, I just want a quilt, Gma." That set me thinking. I had a supply of plaid flannels and homespuns in all sorts of small chunks. I began cutting in the widest widths down to the smallest possible. These pieces I sewed end to end in long strips. I had enough strips to sew a 68 x 80 flimsy with plenty to spare. I then improv sewed a little crib quilt from the leftovers. Now to find backings for them to finish them off! I have less than a fat eighth of assorted strips to discard...then all the homespuns are used up! I may have to buy fabric for backing...I saw some gold flannel at the shop that would work well. I need 4 1/2 yards for backing and binding for the big quilt and may have a scrap piece for the small one.

Last year I declared it the year of the triangle and organized all the random triangles I have accumulated. I'm sewing 6" Maverick stars and am using scrap print squares for the center of the star...Oh yes another project going!