View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:46 AM
Iceblossom

Progress! So today I am set up to cut. Before I took the BSR off the sewing machine I had to make a small little fix in the border of a baby quilt. Got that done. Foot and thread colors are now changed.

I put together the 2.5" strips I had in my stash to end up with 9-patches for the flying square blocks. Some of the pieces were short, others were WoF. I decided that I didn't want more than 4 of the same combinations, so cutting the strips down into 10.5"-ish pieces that I will sew together and then subcut into units. Got those trimmed down and put together and ready to start sewing. I should finish those today and press them, and then have them ready for my small group day Tuesday if I want to do something other than hand-sew the bindings of baby quilts.

Finished up the one extra postcard block that I had to make after I declared the blocks part of the project closed -- sometimes you just find a perfect fabric. I figured out the size of the sashing strips, the blocks are rectangular so not quite as straight-forward as usual. Once I lay out the blocks and cut the sashing that top will go together quickly.

I've posted it before in another thread, but here's some examples of my postcards:
Attached Thumbnails postcards2.jpg