View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:25 AM
btiny36

Default To Long arm Quilters....S.O.S. Need help

I was given this Lone Star quilt to quilt. I had to take apart backing on this quilt as they hadn't done any quilting to stabilize the center. So I drew up the quilt in my EQ7 to see what I could do with it. He wanted something more added in the larger open areas. This has embroidery on the bottom 2 squares. So I added a Eagle Head in top Triangle and am in the process of adding some kind of Sun Catcher in the top 2 Squares. To give some kind of prospective of size, the squares are at least 25". I just don't know how to fill in around the Sun Catchers or Eagle head. I would go right out to the edges, as there is no borders. Also, what the heck do I do in the bottom squares around the embroidery and the remainder Triangles? Should I just take out the Sun Catchers and Eagle head and just simply quilt with a all over design/fill. I'm doing a continuous curve in the Star itself. I really need some help as this is the first time doing any kind of free hand. I'm including a picture from EQ and a picture of what I have done so far on the quilt, which is nothing really. Also I will show the quilt laying on the floor before on the long arm. Don't pay attention to the yellow mark on Eagle...have to remove marking. Thanks so much ahead to any help/suggestions on what to do....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]608275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]608277[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20190211_115841.jpg   eq-quilt-top.jpg   imag1934.jpg