View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:29 AM
Iceblossom

Good golly Miss Molly! Once I got the magazine I see that the Twirl pattern is indeed not what I thought it was! The block is "flat" not on point, it is not put together the way I would do it... I think your best bet is to draw it out with the measurements they list remembering to take of .5" for seam allowances (yikes, that will be painful) and then reduce it on a copier machine, don't forget to reduce the sashing units as well.

Basically 12 is 80% of 15. 15 * 80% (0.8) = 12

As an idea, the math for 12" means the orange squares in the sashing would be 1.2" finished instead of 1.5" finished (2" cut)

For example, the white print cutting instructions are
30 2-3/4" squares, so those would be 2.25
Then you get into 8ths....

Today is my small group day and I have to leave shortly. When I get back I can look at drawing the block up in EQ and then sizing it that way.

I think whatever you do the cutting will be painful and need to be precise. I think there are other ways to get the same look with easier cutting. That would be fairly easy to draw up but unfortunately I'm not willing to write up directions and cutting instructions for it.

PS: When I see how it is designed and the measurement used my brain tells me math is not my friend either... so I say go around it a different way!

Last edited by Iceblossom; 02-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.