View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:35 PM
givio

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Sounds like everyone's been making some progress!
Even me! :-) I've got all my blocks made for my Birthday Candies quilt, 36, I'm setting them 6 x 6 for a square quilt. Some of the blocks got damaged, so I had a ton of seam ripping to do to replace some candies, plus I had to swap out some candies that were either to light or too dark to suit me. So, I felt like I got a lot done.

Then I seam ripped out the border I had started, made up a new idea for it, sewed about a fourth of what I needed for the border, laid the blocks/border out on the floor (which is my 'design wall'), and didn't like the new border design. So back to square one, or block one, so to speak! lol for the border. But I've come up with another idea, and I'm not giving up on this project! Forge ahead! Rah, rah!

In the meantime--I sewed together the 16 border blocks I didn't like to make four 12" blocks-- so a new WIP there. * roll my eyes*

I shared this picture in the Birthday Candy swap thread, but maybe someone here didn't see what I'm doing with my candies from the swap. Here's four 12" blocks sewn together. I made nine of these. I've sewed them into three columns of three because I'm thinking I'll QAYG that way.
Attached Thumbnails 4-birthday-candies.jpg