Old 02-14-2019, 02:24 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Most of the snow did melt off today, Thank God. Another storm on the weekend to blow through rather quickly, moving through our nation in record time of 48 hours. Suppose to dump 3-5 inches of snow as it barrels through. Southern Missouri will get ice for a couple of days. It will turn cold tonight, and stay in single digits for about a week. More sewing time.

Making a bit of progress on the Christmas blocks. I opted to make a solid center of a 5 1/2 inch square and love the way it looks. Then I had to add Christmas trees, then work really hard at getting every tree to 'stand' upright., regardless if it was on top, side or bottom of the square. I will be sewing five blocks together for each of the six rows, enlarging it by one block each way and no stashing between the blocks. It creates a 'cleaner' look to me.

I ordered a Valentine Day gift for dh and me; a box of fresh tree ripened Red Grapefruit and Tangelos From Pittman and Davis. Love that Texas fruit and dh loves it too. A rare treat for us that we did not do at Christmas time. It was scheduled to come Friday, but arrived today! Brightened up our winter blues.