Old 02-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Murphy224

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
For big projects, each one gets a separate folder on the computer to keep track of progress, for the rest, I always take pics of the fabrics I'm going to use and then pics of the top and pics of the finish.

Just recently I made a hard cover coffee table book of my quilts using Photobook when they had an 80% off sale and it turned out really nice and is a great way to keep a record of all the quilts I've ever made (That I have pictures of.) It was easy to do on line and shipped really quickly and I think with shipping I paid less than $35.00 all in (CDN)

Watson
Watson: Thank you for the idea of getting a book made. There are several places that will let you download from the cloud and make a book, never thought to use my quilt photos! What a great idea!!!

I take a picture of everything I make either with my camera or my phone whichever is handy at the moment. I do not keep notes on all the details, but I do get a picture. I also keep an excel spreadsheet with date, pattern, who got it. That spreadsheet is a bit behind right now, but with the picture I can recover the exact date it was completed and hope my memory is "on" that day so I can remember the other stuff.