View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:00 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
BattleAxe - a ball of string with pieces tied together - wow that's being thrifty!

I am also battling the "small scrap syndrome" I have so many and a friend gave me a large garbage bag full. I've used about half of the ones in the bag but I found that as I rummage through this huge tangled mess, looking for a similar patterned scrap or color, I was getting frustrated and wasted lots of time - - LOL and there would be a huge mound on the floor that needed cleaning up

I couldn't deal with the seek and find method any longer. I dumped everything out and sorted into groups of the same pattern and color. I pressed them and after they were cooled so that there was no condensation put them into plastic sandwich bags - I know that plastic bags are not good for fabric but it was a mess. I then put them according to color into the shoe box size plastic bins from the $ store. It takes up very little room and easier to sort through and find what I want. I don't have the room to neatly put in open bins or lay on shelves.

Has anyone had bad experiences using plastic bags or bins? Should I get rid of the plastic?
I think the key is to allow the pieces in the bags to breathe...don't shut them up tight is how I do it.