Old 02-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Iceblossom

I basically agree with Charley26, that we should work with getting better nutrition through our diets and not through supplements. My husband has been doing Keto and has lost a lot of weight, but keeps adding more and more supplements and I'm quietly watching and am growing more skeptical of the long term viability of his diet.

But just like some of us need medications, some of us need supplements. Being mostly indoors in the Seattle area for example means that I am seriously Vitamin D deficient if I don't take supplements. My eye doctor wants me to take some supplements, since I'm trying to hold on to as much vision as I can for as long as I can, I take those.

Me, I have too much iron and have to read all mixed vitamin/supplement labels to make sure they don't add any extra, also had to cut off my occasional liverwurst binge and other similar things.

My suggestion always when introducing things into your diet is to not do too much at once. That way if you start having reactions you can figure out what is causing them, and not just potential among many variables.