View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 05:36 PM
thrums

Thanks Jennifer23 for the suggestions. I'll definitely check them out. Who makes the yellow cutting mat that you use?

You're correct I need to try the mat on a white board. If I'm clever enough, perhaps I could construct my own light box.

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
I have one; I really like it for paper piecing. The cutting mat is fine, but I don't use it as my primary cutting mat (too small). I use a yellow cutting mat, and find it much easier to see on than a green one. I noticed that the cut lines remain rather visible, so it might not last as long as other mats. It is nice and soft, though, so it cuts nicely and is easy on my rotary cutter blades.

Have you tried different colours of plain cutting mat? It might solve your problem, and cost less. If you have tried that, then the Cutterpillar Glow is a good idea. I have to turn the light level to it's lowest setting for cutting, so there is the option of making it even brighter if you need.

Hmm, just a thought... you could try buying just a replacement mat for the Cutterpillar Glow, and putting it over coloured bristol board from the dollar store. Then you would see if a coloured mat would do the trick, and how you feel about the Cutterpillar mat. If you decide you need more light, you can get the whole thing, and you will already gave a spare mat for it.