View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 12:59 PM
Iceblossom

I will use glitter fabrics in particular applications from small projects to borders on large quilts, in particular/recently my 4th of July quilt has that night sky with starbursts. I do a comfort test and don't buy ones I don't like the feel of. As others have mentioned, some stay marvelously sparkly after many washes, and others fall right off and then stick to other stuff. You just never know, but you do get a better idea after a prewash! Throw in a terry cloth hand towel or something similar to see how much it catches.

I don't usually use glitter fabrics as small pieces in scrap/charm quilts, but I throw in metallic embellished fabrics quite often. They mix and match with the other fabrics just fine.

I'm going to be doing a project soon (that means within the next couple of years...) using all metallic embellished fabrics. Haven't quite figured out what pattern yet, have 2-3 in mind. While I do have some yardage, most of these will be 10" squares I got from my swapping days many years ago. I can go a lot of different ways and I'm waiting for inspiration to strike.