View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Lisanne

And now for another too-personal question... How far up do you go when you shave your legs?

My mother taught me that you only go as far as your knees, because if you shave all the way up your thighs, the hair will grown back darker and thicker there and you'll have to shave them forever. (This may have to do with the fact that women in my family have very dark, hairy legs below the knees and much sparser, lighter, thinner hair above them. Or it may be a generational thing - I've never known.)

But I think most of my generation (those born in the '50s and '60s) shave all the way up the thigh, which I do less regularly than the hair below the knees.

And I gather the younger generation does either a bikini shave that results in a slim "landing strip" of hair down the center of the "womanly part) or shaves it off completely - and some leave the hair there and shave in cute little designs like hearts. Hmmm, am I the only one who does not do this???? Or am I behind the times and you all shave "all the way" now? Or have you always done this?