View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:12 AM
JayneW

Kass, two amazing blocks. I love the image of the moon rising in the second one. It always amazes me how the same block can look entirely different with different fabrics. Such a fun lesson in color and creativity.

MJP, Your summer quilt is great. I have my summer blocks sitting in my "someday" pile. I hope to start doing some quilting myself (rather than pay for LAQ) so that might be one of my first attempts. I am sure I will also make the Amish proud. Can't you just vision some Amish grandmother coming up with that story to cover up her mistakes? I always tell my students that I make mistakes in my notes on purpose to make them have to think and question. They buy it for the first week or so.....

It is snowy and 6 degrees here in Wyoming today. We have actually had a pretty mild winter so I guess it is our turn. With it being a holiday, it is a perfect day to sew. I have a wedding present quilt I'm in the middle of, but I hope to push it aside for a bit and work on some blocks.

My youngest son (24) has gotten in the habit of giving quilts I make to his friends when they get married. I think it is really special that he appreciates the quilts so much, but dang he is at the age where he knows a lot of people getting married. I told him that between the time and cost, I might have to sit a couple out.... so for his birthday, all he wanted was for me to make his friend a quilt. He knows the way to his mother's heart!

Happy President's Day everyone!