View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 03:23 PM
rryder

At the beginning of the year I set goals for decluttering in Jan, Feb and March. Due to the gallbladder surgery, I fell a little behind, but managed to do a modest declutter of the hallway. My Feb. goal was to get the sewing studio/guest bedroom decluttered. The main problem areas have been the guest bed and the nightstand which are always piled high with WIPs and the side of the room that contains my Sweet Sixteen, small cutting table and the recliner that sits in the corner between the nightstand and the cutting table. The bed, nightstand, recliner and cutting table are always piled high with WIPs and an assortment of other things that don't have a home.

After looking at a variety of storage solutions I got some great, relatively inexpensive, plastic drawer units from Target. They are meant to sit on a desktop but the drawers are 14" so they can hold 12" blocks. Each drawer unit has 3 drawers and runs around $12. I bought 4 and stacked them 2 high on the radiator that sits behind my small cutting table. They took the place of a wire rack that was filled with an odd assortment of containers holding UFOs that were still in small pieces and various odds and ends. It looks so much better and holds everything that was in the wire rack plus some additional UFOS that were stored in those plastic scrapbook paper envelopes and stuck in a cardboard box under the table. That left room in the cardboard box for me to put some WIPs (in protective plastic) that were too big for the drawer units. Now my WIPs have a place of their own that's easily accessible without being stacked all over the guest bed and the chair! Progress

Rob