Old 02-20-2019, 06:09 PM
clkonch

I actually tried to send a photo of the light to BabyLock but couldn't get close enough with my iPhone camera to get a picture -- I was so close that I blocked the laser light itself! But basically the light starts out just a very tiny smidge to the right of the needle then crosses over to the left side. Of course, the further away from the needle, the further the light goes to the left.

I tried re-calibrating the laser light -- no better.

I am starting out with the light dead center, along with the needle being a dead center. I have tried moving the light to the left and then it is inaccurate much closer to the needle. When you paper piece, you want to sew right down the center of the paper piecing line. My laser light and needle are both set at 3.5.

I really thought at first that the laser light just wasn't aligned correctly, but when I called BabyLock directly, they came up with so many excuses about why it wasn't straight

But I think the light is simply aligned improperly. As I said, I took it back into my dealer twice. Both my dealer and the staff member from BabyLock said that it is hard to align because it is so close to the needle.

Maybe I should try purposely mis-aligning it! Maybe it would straighten out that way! But I would love to hear your ideas! My next course of action is to try another dealer!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-21-2019 at 03:55 AM. Reason: remove consumer complaint