Thread: Wedding Quilt
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Damkina

:-D WOW! Thank you so much everyone for your best wishes, ideas, suggestions and absolutely beautiful pictures of your wedding quilts... they are wonderful.

Well, update is, my son has had to go back to barracks today, but they both went to see his Grandma and Grandad for an hour before he set off. I popped in on my way home from work and whilst we were sat there, my future Daughter in Law actually asked if I would be making them a wedding quilt.
I happily told them that I was contemplating the pattern and colour right now, on which she asked if I would make sure it had Pink in it... my Son adding, "she loves pink and it makes her happy."

Awww! you little sweety!
I've looked through all the site patterns and piccys of the Double Wedding Ring that you've all posted, and I'm going to have to be really honest with myself here and say... I don't think that I'm ready or experienced enough to tackle all the intricate shapes and bits and keep the top flat.
So, as suggested by you wonderful people, I'm going to go through the pattern books and make them one that I really like the look of... with PINK in it :-D

Thank you again and will keep an update... in fact, would it be a good idea to keep like a journal of making it for them? Has anyone else done this, and if so... how?
Joanne