View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 05:52 AM
Nita

Fellow Quilters, I just read all 23 pages of this thread and am inspired! I, too, am way ahead in R/T buying fabrics but way behind in R/T utilizing fabrics from my HUGE stash! I have tried ... multiple times ... to resist the urge to buy. Each time ended in failure and then wallowing in guilt. So my goal for 2019 is to resist buying fabrics simply because 1.) I like them 2.) they are on sale or 3.) I have a coupon burning in my pocket. In other words, I allow myself to buy fabrics only when I actually "need" and plan to use in a project I am currently working on. It is not a perfect plan, by any means. But it does force me to pull from my stash first, delete promotional emails, through out catalogs, etc., etc., etc. Another thing I have started doing is to "re-purpose" fabrics in kits that I purchased awhile back and no longer have interest in making the project.

BTW, I love Teen's suggestion about making a 2nd donation quilt from the fabrics leftover from the #1 quilt she initially made with the fabrics. A great idea! A Win-Win situation, in that it cuts down on fabric stash build up and also results in Random Acts of Kindness.