View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 02:56 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I think this is the very first time in 20+ years - we went on vacation, 11 days, Florida & Savannah Georgia and I did Not step foot in a single quilt shop. My hubby kept asking...” did you look to see where there are quilt shops? “ “We could find you a quilt shop tomorrow if you know where there is one...”
nope, it’s ok
i thought about all I had at home, the projects I have planned, the stacks and totes of scraps. I just didn’t want to add anything- and when we visit them I always feel that I need to purchase ( something- a book, new tool, fabulous new fabric) nope, not this time. And what’s really *weird* is this is the first time I actually left home with $450 in my purse I figured I could spend if I wanted to- saved specifically for this vacation.
I bought myself a couple sweaters, a couple blouses ( in high hopes at some point it will stop snowing and I will get to wear them)
i came home with money, and nothing to add to the clutter of my shelves. And, I’m totally ok with it. It’s not as if I’m in a slump- I’m motivated and productive- using what I have.
i do seriously need to implement a scrap saver method and get totes cut up & organized- and hopefully offered and let go of. I would love to just start cramming bags of scraps into flat rate boxes and mailing them off. I am very tired of the mess.
Anyway- successful trip, still holding true to my moratorium.