View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 07:34 AM
Iceblossom

Thanks for the correction, Mavis... the every two hour is the complete opposite of the IMF (intermittent fasting), not keto.

I do believe in protein with every meal/snack. So an apple is fine, an apple with peanut butter is better. It's one of those lifestyle changes I made awhile back. Every now and then I ask myself if I'm ready to add something to the things I already do. Early changes were like parking at the far end of the lot, it may only be a few extra steps but when you are very sedentary every step counts. Including that bit of protein is an easy thing -- sometimes we need easy!

One of the biggest things is "everything on a plate" which also encompasses "no eating standing up" and for me recording my eating choices. Supposedly there are studies that show we just don't remember things we eat standing up, including tasting while we are cooking. So I started by yes, measuring out my portion and putting it on a plate. This helps you with portion control and "mindfulness" of being aware of what you eat. Some recommend washing and putting away the dish, but I like to leave them in the sink over the course of the day because sometimes I think I haven't had anything but look -- there's a plate so I must have had something.