View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 03:00 PM
osewme

Default Duffle Bag is finally finished

I finally finished this bag that I will give as a graduation gift. I have always wanted to make this bag but the instructions were very hard for me to follow. After much research on the web by others who have made it & also reading reviews I decided to make it this year. I over thought, over researched, over worried about this bag way more than I should have but now that it is finished I really like it. (So much that I don't want to give it away but don't want to make another one either....so....I'll give it away.) It's the perfect size for a lot of things...carry on bag for air trip, overnight stay at a friend's home, camp, picnic, etc.
I put velcro on the pockets & made a large pocket on the back that was not on the pattern. I put tabs on each side to handle the adjustable across the body strap that I added. I added a little chap stick holder that I think she will like. I made it with Robert Kaufman line of fabric (Let Me Entertain You - Design #16334) and canvas for the bottom & pockets & straps. The pattern did not call for interior lining & I did not line it inside.
Attached Thumbnails noodlehead-cargo-duffle-bag-front.jpg