Thread: Boho/Hobo Bags
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 11:44 PM
Elfi2

Default Boho/Hobo Bags

I finished a couple of these bags My daughter had a wish for me to make her one (similar to one given to me by a friend) but I didn't have a pattern, so I had to fiddle around making one with the help of the measurements of my bag, of the tutorial from https://destashification.com/2011/08...-bag-tutorial/ and ideas from Pinterest. I changed a few things which were better to my liking and I made a first bag as a trial as I didn't want to mess up the fabric my daughter had chosen. I'm glad I did as there was a bit of unpicking to do, mistakes I won't make again + I find with every new bag you find new ways/ideas how to make things differently.
For example I didn't make the bottom oval like in the link given, I made it round and then I found that leaving the opening to turn it inside out - or outside in.... - on the side makes it a lot easier. Admittedly you won't be able to attach the bottoms together like shown in the link, but I suppose it can be done by just sewing a few stitches by hand on the bottom round seam or even make a bit of a fancy machine seam on the bottom.
Also I lined my bag, to give it a bit more body, with this Geotech I used to make my Christmas wreaths with (the ones who had asked me about it, might remember) but I suppose you could use some flanell or just an iron on wadding. I did sew it with a stitch really near the edge on the lining and it works really well. For the bottom round base I cut a round piece of mattress protector to just give it more protection if you have something breakable and you drop the bag on the floor. I also lined the inside pocket with a bit of wadding to make it a bit more sturdy.
So here are a few pictures of some changes I've made and pictures of the bags; the one with the butterflies is for my darling daughter, she will get it on Thursday for her birthday <3 <3 <3
Thanks for looking!!!
Attached Thumbnails img_4518.jpg   img_4520.jpg   trial-1.jpg   trial-2.jpg   trial-inside.jpg  

img_4521.jpg   img_4522.jpg