View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 04:45 AM
GingerK

Surprisingly enough, it doesn't. I am glad you are prewashing the backing because it can often shrink and bleed more dramatically than yardage. It will also be easier and softer to work with. Just like a large sheet, it can roll itself into a ball in the dryer so I usually take it out and give it all a good shake a couple of times while drying. I also don't leave it in the dryer until it is completely bone dry.

I use my oversized ironing board which is definitely not as wide as your cutting table. I start with the majority of the fabric between me and the ironing board and to my right. It can be a little cumbersome but that way the ironed area is falling away from me. After the left hand half is done, I slip that part off the ironing board and pull the right hand half back so it is again between me and the ironing board. I use a spray bottle and dry iron just because I have never found a spray iron that doesn't eventually leak.

Last word of advice-thoroughly vacuum/sweep the area around your pressing station. Nothing worse than putting in all that work and ending up with a backing that has picked up a bunch of loose thread and fuzz. Ask me how I know.