View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 02:43 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
.............. and your kids, and your grands, and your volunteer commitments, and and and and ..........

My excuse is that I don't clean up often enough, as I would far sooner spend the time in working on a quilt in one way or the other, than to do all that tidying and cleaning!

Maybe we need a different thread ..... Best excuses for not tidying up your sewing room???
HaHa QE...when I saw that you had commented, I thought, "Oh she's a tidy upper!" What a surprise! Yup we need a new angle on this thread...haha.

Oh and this morning I ran over to a friend's house to look at her "new" sewing machine she bought for $10 that she couldn't get stitching right. It's a Singer Stylist (copyright in book was 1974). Oh my it was so clean inside when we looked inside to oil it...she got a bargain. A little messing with the tension, changed the needle and put some good thread in ...she had some Walmart bad stuff in it.. and it was sewing very well. I left her with 2 packets of Schmetz needles (80 universal and 100 denim). She can mend to her heart's content now. And what a good excuse to spend the morning with her!

Oh and thanks for everyone's reply to my query.